Thursday, April 17, 2014

Energy

Where to focus one's attention and energy? That's a pretty good question.

After e-publishing two novels and one book of poetry last month - representing two years of work - I now find it difficult (if not impossible) to be both a marketeer and a writer. 


I simply do not have the energy to do both. My energy is sapped after two hours of writing because I put all I've got into it, like a chess grandmaster playing for the world championship. 


So now I'm supposed to turn around and put on my Madison Avenue hat? Hats off to those who can. 


"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other." 


I'd like some company or person to do it for me. At a reasonable cost - duh! Suggestions, comments and offers are as welcome as Dom Perignon at your daughter's wedding reception. 

No comments:

Post a Comment